Got a batch from the last few days:
– The Jewish team from the last post that was willing to forfeit a trip to the state semifinals rather than play on the Sabbath? Ended up getting the game time changed, played and won.
– Speaking of basketball, fantastic interview with Coach Cal. You might not like him (I didn’t until he became our coach), but he works within the NCAA system better than most.
– Need a good insult? Check out Martin Luther’s collection. The man had a way with words. One example: “You are a wolf and apostle of Satan.” Okay, one more: “We leave you to your own devices, for nothing properly suits you except hypocrisy, flattery, and lies.”
– First rule of storytelling/newsgathering? Get the name of the dog. Seriously.
– Utterly brilliant analysis of the best comic strip of all time, Calvin and Hobbes.